My Mom and Dad (Gigi and Poppy) visited last week and we made this delicious summer salad with fresh peaches from the farmer's market! It was unbelievably yummy!
|Crab Salad with Peaches and Avocados adapted from Southern Living|
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 5 to 6 medium peaches (about 1 3/4 lb.), unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 medium avocados, diced
- Arugula (optional - we left this out)
- 1. Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell. Whisk together lemon zest, next 2 ingredients, and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. Fold in jalapeño pepper, next 2 ingredients, and crabmeat, using a rubber spatula. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste.
- 2. Stir together peaches and remaining 4 Tbsp. lemon juice. Reserve 3 cups peach mixture.
- 3. Pulse honey and remaining peach mixture in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until smooth. Season pureed peach mixture with kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste.
- 4. Spoon 1/4 cup pureed peach mixture onto a chilled plate. Spoon one-sixth of diced avocados and 1/2 cup reserved chopped peaches and sprinkling with kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste. Top with about 1/2 cup crab mixture. Arrange desired amount of arugula around each layered salad; serve immediately.