Second, it's illegal for farmers to use added hormones in the raising of poultry and pork. Chicken that buy in grocery stores and restaurants is already hormone free....
Is Moe's false advertising? Probably. Does it hurt anyone? Probably not. It does make you think, though, about what food labels really mean and if we're making the best choices for our families.
I buy milk and meat with the "no antibiotics, no growth hormone" labels, but is it a bunch of gobbledy gook? There's definitely a fine line between making healthy, educated decisions about what you put in your body vs. being a crazy, organic, "Earth Mother," lunatic. What happened to the days where you just went to the store and bought what you needed? Who has time to read all of these stinking labels?!
Here's an interesting article that discusses this subject further. Let's chat! What do you think?
According to the article, here are the top 5 reasons to feed your children "organic" food:
- Fewer toxins will go into their bodies.
- Fewer antibiotics will be used so when your child needs and takes antibiotics, they will be more effective.
- Fewer toxins will go into the environment surrounding your children.
- Your kids will grow up healthy and reproduce safely, providing you with grandchildren.
- Chemicals in foods lead to decreased IQ scores in children.