I'm excited to report that my friend and fellow blogger, Melissa at Raising "Twingles" Blog, nominated me for the Liebster Blogger Award! I'm so honored to be recognized for my little blog!
Liebster, in German, means endearing, valued, lovely, etc. You get the idea. This award is presented as a way to acknowledge up and coming bloggers and to help them be recognized for their outstanding accomplishments within design that is presented on their blog.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to next.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
My 11 random facts:
1. I'm a product junkie. Keep me far far away from Sephora and Ulta. I can put a serious hurting on the bank account in those stores.
2. I love to sleep. In fact, I just woke up from a nap. Everyone fares better when I am rested. Trust me.
3. When I'm alone in the car (which is very rare these days), I drive really fast and listen to really loud music.
4. I think about cherry Twizzler bites at least once a day. It's a true addiction. Very sad, indeed.
5. I hate to speak in public.
6. I'm published. I worked for a publishing company and wrote and edited games, workbooks and flashcards for speech therapists and special educators.
7. I'm terribly afraid of roller coasters, the water, spiders, and snakes.
8. I love scary movies.
9. I think about NYC a ton. It feels like a second home to me. I try to go as often as possible.
10. I'm a huge TV watcher. My DVR is always on fire.
11. My closet is my little, dark secret. It's a total, overstuffed, disaster. I hoard clothes. I really need to get it under control.
The 11 questions from Melissa and my answers:
1. What is your favorite period in history and why? I love the early 1900's, especially the "roaring 20's." Books and period dramas set in that era are the best. I love the fashion, music, and way of life back then.
2. What are your favorite decor magazines? Elle Decor and Metropolitan Home
3. Favorite dessert? Tiramisu with a cappuccino
4. Do you like to cook? And if so, what is your favorite dish? I love to cook! My favorite dishes are new, difficult ones that turn out delicious and make you moan with every bite.
5. What is your least favorite part about your house? I love the design of my staircase, but it needs to be styled. I'm waiting for the funds to hang a few mirrors and tile the toe kicks. It's breathtaking in my mind, I just need it to come to fruition.
6. Do you like outdoor decorating or gardening at all? I love outdoor decorating. I have a black thumb so I'm scared off killing everything if I attempt gardening. I did successfully manage an herbal container garden last summer.
7. What is your favorite color to decorate with? I love gray! It's the perfect neutral. My house is full of it!
8. Do you have any pets? Yes, I have an ancient cat who has developed feline dementia. Poor Goobie.
9. What is one thing you wish people knew about you? I feel like I'm often misunderstood. My intentions towards the people are always good. Sometimes, it just doesn't come across that way. I have a really big, sensitive heart.
10. Do you like to go in or stay out on a Friday night? Both! I love to get all dolled up and hit the town with my man or my friends but I'm always game for a movie night in my pjs on the couch.
11. What is your favorite post on your blog and why? My favorite post was this one about my Granny. We were very close and she passed away right before I graduated from high school. Her graduation announcement was already addressed. She used to make applesauce so I recreated it in the crockpot. I had my mom dig up some photos of her. I don't have any so it was so emotional to see her again. She's my guardian angel.
The 11 blogs I'm giving the Liebster Award (with under 200 followers or just a smidge over):
Lexi & a Little Lady
Little Black Door
Secrets of a Sweet Southern Girl
Simply Life Stuff
Southern Bourbon Mountains
Bunnie Hilliard and Co.
A Beautiful Life
The 11 questions I'm giving them to answer:
1. When and why did you start your blog?
2. Who are your girl crushes?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. If you could have a second home, where would it be?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. Where is your favorite place to shop?
7. If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? What would you ask them?
8. Would you rather take a vacation in the mountains or the beach?
9. How do you come up with ideas for your blog posts?
10. Do you have a daily beauty routine? If so, what is it?
11. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because it's 10pm and my child is just now falling asleep. It's going to be a very long day tomorrow with Baby Girl. I'm going to need a bit more BMJ than usual.... Does anyone know anything about childhood insomnia?!