Happy Monday lady friends (and Mr. BMJ who reads my blog daily)! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend and wasn't too bummed out by the ridunculous amount of rain we've been experiencing!
I have a ton of thank you's to hand out today:
1. Thanks to all of my readers. Without you, this webspace would be pretty doggone lonely! The fact that some of you keep coming back again and again makes me want to do do a cartwheel (if only I knew how)!
2. Thank you for all of your comments. I love our little conversations over email and try to respond to every single nugget you send my way.
3. Thank you to all the bloggers who have added my to your blogrolls/sidebars. Words cannot express how much I appreciate you! You deserve a special babymamajuice toast!
4. Thank you to Shelby at Recent Somethings and Melanee at for my recent blog awards. You ladies are the sweetest!
I participated in the Liebster Award here and two other awards here. I'm going to answer Shelby's questions and let the awards in the past and below count as my 11 random factoids.
1. Your go-to cocktail? WINE!!! Either Rose, Chardonnay, or Pinot Grigio will do!
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging? Making new friends!
3. Best deal you've gotten lately when shopping? I found a copycat J. Crew dress at Forever 21 for $22!
4. Favorite place to visit? Paris, NYC, and The Sanctuary.
5. Ideal date? Dinner and a movie.
6. What's something totally random that no one knows about you? You guys know pretty much everything since I'm such an open book. I guess it would have to be the fact that my nickname was "The Bomb" in high school. Ha!!!
7. Top pet peeve? Whistling
8. Favorite PMS snack? Anything salty! Nachos, french fries, etc.
9. Best concert you ever attended? Mumford and Sons this March in Rome.
10. Most favorite pair of shoes? I have several! My metallic python Christian Louboutins are definitely front-runners!
11. Can't-live-without beauty product? Lipstick!!! I have a whole bag of them in my pocket book.
For the Shine On Award, here are 7 things about myself:
1. I horrible at introducing people. I can know someone my entire life, but when I have to introduce them it's like my mind is completely blank and I can barely remember their name.
2. I have an abnormally heightened sense of smell.
3. I hate to drink water unless it has lemon, cucumber, or some other yummy, natural flavor. It goes back to my smell issues. I can actually smell and taste the chemicals in water. Ugh.
4. I grind and clench my teeth so badly at night that I've had to have gum surgery twice already. I have a third coming up later this month.
5. I hate feet. They gross me out.
6. I dread the day I'm too old to have long hair. I've cut my hair off a handful of times in my life, and I just don't like the way I look with short hair.
7. Fall is my favorite season and I'm counting the days until we get there! Sayonara summer!
For the Super Sweet Blogging Award, these are my super sweet answers:
1. Cookies or cake or both? I love both, of course!
2. Chocolate or vanilla? Definitely chocolate!
3. Favorite sweet treat? That's a tough one. Homemade cherry pie is the first thing that came to mind.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? Every day at around 3pm. What's up with that?
5. Sweet nickname? I call Baby Girl Sugar Plum Fairy and Sweet Potato Pie.
Now, to pass these babies on...
The Liebster Award goes to McKenzie Wild. It's a new, super cute blog written by my friend, Whitney.
The Shine On Award goes to Simply Lowcountry. I'm so glad you got your blog up and running again, Laura!
The Super Sweet Blogging Award goes to a sweet lady I've met through blogging, Rita Marie at Champagne-n-Pizza.
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because we've thrown in the towel. Potty training is not going to happen for Baby Girl this time around. It's too much of a power struggle, she has no interest, and she went 4 days straight with no potty successes. We will revisit it again next month or when she gives me her "ready" signals, whatever that means. Thanks for all of your advice and kind words during our first attempt!