Here's the good news....
1. We closed on our new lot Friday afternoon. As soon as we sell our first dream home, we're going to build our second dream home. Yes, we're crazy. Crazy and excited! We scored some fun new land owner swag to boot!
2. We had a lovely time at the always gorgeous The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island over the long, holiday weekend.
3. We leave for my favorite NYC for an amazing experience at New York Fashion Week on Thursday. Did I mention that Carmen Marc Valvo is making a couture dress for me?! Gah!
4. Baby Girl started her first day of Mom's Morning Out this morning. She looked adorable and only cried for the first few minutes. I had enough time to grab a coffee and get a new nail polish and lip gloss to add to the
hoarding collection. I obviously have my priorities straight. I was feeling so yuck this morning that I forgot to take off her ugly Wal-Mart princess pajama shorts while getting her dressed. I'm sure that the teachers thought I was seriously crazy when they changed her diaper at school. Thank goodness her dress covered my sick mommy mistake.
Here's the bad news....
1. Remember when I developed that cough for 4 months last year that was finally diagnosed as atypical bronchitis? It's back. It's miserable. I'm already over it and it just started over the weekend. Woe is me. Did I mention I fly out in 2 days and want to feel like a rockstar?
2. I have one of my famous kidney infections that comes out of nowhere and makes me feel like I have the flu. Call the wambulance. I need it. Here's to Levaquin working its magic in 2 days.
3. Other than my big "fashion show outfit" from Gwynn's and gorge Clover Canyon dress from Hampden Clothing, I have no idea what to pack for NYC. I'm still looking for rose gold layering necklaces for my outfit. I'm stressing that it's going to be hotter than Hades and I'm going to sweat to death. I need comfy yet stylish shoes (preferably flats) for shopping on Saturday. Are these J.Crew flats what I need?! It cannot. I repeat cannot get one degree warmer than the current forecast. Cooler is much much appreciated.
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? My adult ballet dance class was canceled before it even began this Fall. I've been looking forward to it all summer. So bummed. It's the only form of exercise I can be remotely excited about. Does anyone know of any Charleston dance companies that offer adult ballet classes?! I've tried all of the "barre" type classes and as effective as they are, they're not even remotely related to ballet.