I was flipping through the October issue of "Lucky" Magazine the other day and an article caught my attention. It talked about "blogger style." It completely stereotyped us as top knot hairstyled, clashing colors and patterns wearing, stripe obsessed women.
I have never in my 37 years sported a top knot and just can't get into the whole mismatched trend. While I enjoy a good stripe every now and then, it's not my end-all-be-all.
There's nothing wrong with the stereotype. I've seen some pretty fierce top knots and some interesting mismatched ensembles in blogland. I just don't think it's fair to lump us all in one style category.
This got me thinking.... What is my uniform? If someone was dressing up as me for Halloween, what would they wear? As "Lucky" put it, what would my "Me-Drag" look like?
1. Mixed metal jewelry. I love to combine all colors of gold: white, yellow, and rose. I'm usually fully armored in jewels, from earrings, a necklace, multiple bracelets, and rings on both hands. Roberto Coin is one of my favorite designers and I love wearing his pieces.
|Roberto Coin The Primavera Collection|
2. I've already professed my adoration of blazers. They complete me. I would wear this in a heartbeat.
|Sabine Boucle Moto Jacket|
3. I would totally wear this t-shirt under the blazer.
|Kiss Kiss Tee|
4. Skinny jeans. Once you go skinny, you never go back. I vowed to never wear skinny jeans a few years ago. Then, I bought a pair. The rest is history. These 7 For All Mankind "The Skinny" are my all-time favorites.
|7 For All Mankind The Skinny|
4. The shoes. This is the hard part. It's a toss up between killer Louboutins, leopard wedges, or tall boots. Take your pick.
|Christian Louboutin Karina Caged Ankle Bootie|
|Christian Louboutin So Kate Python Pump|
|Gucci Charlen Wedge Pump|
|Vince Camuto Vatero Over The Knee Boot|
5. The hair is down. Always down. It's usually straight, but sometimes I get a wild hair and curl it.
What would I wear if I was going to be you for Halloween, aka "You-Drag"?
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because tonight's the big "Fall Into Beauty" party! Please come out and see all of the lovely good that will help us look beautiful!