I've been talking about this day since I started this little ole blog a year and a half ago!
It has taken so long and I've tested so many hypotheses, I could have practically earned my Ph.D. in...
I know, so deep and impressive.
In the past, I jumped from mascara to mascara. They all seemed pretty good but I wanted to find "THE mascara", the best, latest and greatest mascara that would make me look like I had mile-long, thick lashes. The task seemed daunting, though. There are too many choices. Where would I even begin?
I did my research, asked around, and came up with a list to try, adding and deleting along the way as new formulas came onto the market.
I took one for the team, friends. I was your guinea pig for over a year. I purchased, tried, loved, and hated.
I tried 17 different mascaras, each for at least a week. Some I discontinued because I knew they weren't winners and I needed to move on. Others, I used up the entire bottles or until they dried out.
Let's not waste our time with the rejects and discuss my top 5....
I have to say that, with mascara, I truly believe that you get what you pay for. I'm a tough critic when it comes to my lashes. I like them ridiculously long, separated, curled, and well...perfect. The clumpy, spider lash look just isn't my thing.
I used the following criteria for my review:
1. Lengthens, separates, and curls. I want people to wonder if I'm wearing false lashes.
2. I prefer a plastic bristle brush, but will use something different as long as it doesn't clump.
3. Washes off easily with my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. I don't like to use eye make-up remover.
4. Doesn't create raccoon eyes at the end of the day.
5. Is long lasting. I never reapply during the day.
6. The formula has to glide on easily and be buildable so that I can give it several coats while getting ready.
7. It can't irritate my eyes, not one bit.
The following mascaras did all of the above. They are pictured below. Chanel Inimitable was the ultimate winner!
The honorable mention goes to Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara.
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because I heard from Carmen's secretary today and my couture dress is on its way to my house! Yay! It will be here just in time for our Christmas party double booking on December 7th! It's time to lose 5 pounds and tone up my guns for that sleeveless masterpiece!