Things have gotten a bit out of control in the weight department. I haven't weighed this much since I was very very very pregnant with Baby Girl. That's so so so sad.
This is my plan to lose the extra fluff and not have to wear a giant mumu over my bathing suit this summer....
1. I am so amazed and inspired by Megan from Honey We're Healthy. She has worked hard and looks like a supermodel. Those abs. Oh my. They're amazing. She swears by doing daily planks and is up to 3 minutes. I'm taking that tip and running with it. I can only do about 90 seconds before I pass out, but I will work my way up to 3 minutes, I just know it.
2. I just signed up to participate in the #1800MinuteChallenge with Erin from Living In Yellow. It's a great, totally obtainable goal of doing 1800 minutes of physical activity in a total of 60 days (April 1st through May 31st). That averages out to about 30 minutes a day. No problemo. I can handle it.
3. I'm signed up for the Cooper River Bridge Run, my first 10K. I plan on walk/jogging the majority of it, but even that is going to be a challenge. I have exactly 12 days until the big day. Yikes. I need to procrastinate less and pound the pavement more.
4. I'm cutting out bread and as much gluten as possible during the week. I'm trying to make better choices at mealtimes. I'm decreasing my portion sizes and drinking more water.
5. You may want to sit down for this one. I'm giving up wine during the week as of today. I know, I know. It's a tragedy. I actually lost weight when I got pregnant due to the lack of daily BMJ. I don't need the extra calories and I'm permitting myself to drink a few glasses over the weekends. I think I can, I think I can....
This is how I'm going to stay motivated:
We're going to Mexico in June. I want to feel confident about being in a bathing suit in these gorgeous pools and on this gorgeous beach.
Speaking of bathing suits, one of these would make a wonderful reward if I reach my goal!
And if I do a really good job and become a planking pro, maybe one of these will work:
(I love this one. It's sort of like a cross-over between a bikini and tankini!)
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because we've had a potty training set-back over the past week. Baby Girl's antibiotics are giving her diarrhea and she's having a hard time making it to the toilet. The worst part is that she doesn't want to get in trouble for having an accident, so she doesn't tell me when it happens. Gross. Maddening. Ugh. Why am I giving up wine during the week again?