Well, Whitney does at least. Thank you so much for nominating me for the "Bloggers With Class" Award! I just love awards. Does that make me less classy? I hope not!
The Official Rules:
1. Include the Award image in your post.
3. Answer the following questions.
4. Add a question of your own.
5. Pass the award along to 5 (or more) other "classy bloggers."
1. Who is your role model? My mom is my role model. She's the one who tried to instill morals, values, and of course class into my character.
2. Who is your style icon? I love Olivia Palermo's style. I've never seen a photo where she doesn't look classy, current, and styled to perfection.
3. Pearls or bows? Bows! I prefer them on my clothes and in Baby Girl's hair! She's had a bow on her head every single day since she was born. Yes, even in the hospital. She's such a classy little lady.
4. What is your favorite color? I truly love all colors and I'm especially drawn to metallics. If I had to pick, my favorite is gold! A little bit of sparkle makes everything prettier!
5. What makes someone classy? I think classy is a way of thinking, feeling, and acting. It's more of a mind-set and personality trait than specific actions. It's saying "thank you" because you're truly grateful. It's dressing nicely because you have respect for yourself and want to make a good impression. It's holding the door for someone because you genuinely want to be courteous and helpful.
6. Why is it important to be classy? That's a tough question. I think the quote in the next question is a good start at an answer. It's about the legacy we leave. It's about the example we set for our children. It's about living a life that honors God.
7. What is your favorite quote? This is a wonderful way of saying "do unto others."
8. Who/what inspires you? My Baby Girl inspires me to act more classy and be a better person. I hope that she will be the embodiment of classiness and it all starts with my example. This post is a great reminder that I need to work on being a better role model!
9. What is your favorite piece of clothing? My favorite piece of clothing is a well-made blazer. Pair it with jeans and heels and you will look classy and stylish enough for anything!
10. Do you think class is becoming a thing of the past? Unfortunately, I do. It makes me sound old, but I catch myself thinking, on a daily basis, we would have never acted like that when we were young. I fear for today's youth and the world they're growing up in. It seems to me that the the children who are being taught class, manners, respect, and values are a minority rather than a majority.
11. If you could give a piece of advice to a younger-you, what would it be? Don't do anything you will be ashamed to tell your children about.
My Question: How can we teach our children to be classy?
I think there are so many classy bloggers out there, it's impossible to narrow it down to 5. So how did I choose? I picked the classy bloggers who I though would participate! Making people feel left out makes me feel so classless....
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because I got about 4 hours of sleep last night and woke up to no gas in the house due to a broken meter on the gas tank. That meant an ice cold shower at 6:30 am. Then, my toaster oven caught on fire while making Baby Girl's breakfast. Surely I deserve to go back to bed and start over! Right?! Happy Monday y'all!