Linking up with Amanda today for my 5 Friday Favorites!
1. Last evening I met up with some lovely local blogger friends to catch up over wine and cheese (and pate...yum). It's the first time I met Jillian and Cambron in person. Good times were had by all! Of course I drank a delicious rose!
2. I just finished a really good book! It's definitely a must-read. I flew through it in just a few insomnia filled nights. If you like a good romance mystery, you'll love this one! It's set in London too which makes me giddy with the possibility of visiting some day soon.
3. We found a great show! We binged on the first season on Netflix and the second season is on every Thursday night on the Sundance channel. It's called "Rectify" and is about a man's life after he is released from prison. The acting is incredible and the family's drama is intriguing and believable. It's by the producers from "Breaking Bad" so you know it's good! Watch it and let's discuss!
4. I have a date with Mr. BMJ this afternoon to see "Guardians of the Galaxy." It has wonderful reviews, but this is definitely not my kind of movie. If I had my pick, we'd be seeing "Begin Again." Oh the things we do for love!
5. I purchased my plane ticket for NYC this week and am going to Fashion Week September 4th - 6th! The actually runway show invitations usually don't come out until 2 weeks before so I'm counting on being invited back. Please oh please oh please invite me back Carmen!!! I decided to wear one of Carmen's dresses since it's his 25th anniversary at Fashion Week. I tried this dress on last year in his studio and fell in love. The dress is metallic and the trim is leather. I found it at Nordstrom for $100! That's over $400 off! Now that's a STEAL!
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because we finally have a quiet, relaxing weekend with no plans other than the movies and mani/pedis with a friend. I love these rare occasions!