I'm an Insomniac.
I've battled with this crap since college, which was a very long time ago!
It's not every night and it leaves me alone for months, sometimes years.
Except during this lupus flare that I've been in. It's back with a vengeance. It's visiting 3, sometimes 4, times a week and I'm averaging 3-4 hours a sleep a night. That's just not acceptable when you require 8-9 hours to function normally.
When I'm running on little sleep and dreading the upcoming night of laying there and waiting for slumber for hours, my patience becomes ridiculously thin.
These are the things that bug the you know what out of me during my days of insomnia:
1. When my friends tell me they have no time to read my blog yet they somehow find the time to post on Facebook all day long. Hmmmmm. My blog takes about 30 seconds to read. Something's just not adding up there.
2. When the cashier at the grocery store asks me if I "found everything I was looking for" and just gives me a blank stare when I say "actually no, you were out of Rosemary." If they're going to ask, they need to know how to reply if someone actually says no. Sometimes I do it just to test them.
3. When certain bloggers and jewelry companies follow me on Instagram and then unfollow me the next day. I'm wise to your tricks because I have the "Followers +" App. Totally uncool and I have no respect for that ridiculous nonsense.
4. Facebook, in general. Man sometimes I wish that whole social media platform would crash.
5. When I text a babysitter about a date and they wait 5 days to get back to me. Ummmmm, I've moved on by then.
6. When a complete stranger tells me to smile. This happened to me the week I was diagnosed with lupus and it was all I could do not to be in tears while coping with everything. You never know what someone is going through. That is such an insensitive thing to say. People need to mind their own beeswax!
7. The fact that movie theaters are so cold they feel like you're in the North Pole. I just don't understand the point of keeping it at 50 below. I sit there and my nose runs like a faucet because I'm so stinking cold. Here's an idea, keep it at a normal temperature and save money on electricity!
8. When the stores don't put Fall clothes out before the tax free "back to school shopping" weekend. That's just trickery.
9. When my phone dies as I'm taking the best shot for Instagram. Happens all the time. It's like the Instagram/iPhone gods are just laughing at me. Not funny.
10. When I get a $14 ticket in a metered space downtown. It happens almost every time I park on King Street. It's maddening and a crappy way to encourage shopping and tourism. I was only 5 minutes late. I mean come on! They need to have 2 and 3 hour meters vs 1 hour meters. Help a shopaholic out!
Well, that's all the venting I have for today. Thanks for listening! What are your pet peeves? Do you suffer from insomnia?!
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because Katie Couric was wearing my Carmen Marc Valvo sale dress on her show today! We have the same taste in Carmen dresses! Remember, she wore my formal gown too! We totally need to do lunch!