This was going around Instagram and I enjoyed it so much that I decided to make it into a blog "thingy" too. Feel free to join me and do a "10 Things That Make Me Happy" post too!
1. Today was Baby Girl's school picture day. I signed up to volunteer and was dreading it, but after seeing the look of joy and pride in my sweet girl's face because I was there, I changed my tune. I had a good time and was exhausted. I can't imagine wrangling those kids every day. Those teachers are angels! Sweetness wouldn't let me take her picture (she's tired and grouchy with a cold), but this was her adorable ensemble. It's from the Janie and Jack Outlet in North Charleston. I absolutely adore that brand! Check it out here.
2. This weekend we decided to take full advantage of the beautiful Fall-like weather and went downtown Charleston. We acted like tourists and shopped in the market, ate a tasty lunch, and took a carriage ride. We never do things like that because we live here and that's what you do when you come to visit. It was one of the best Saturdays I've had in a long time with the whole family. I highly recommend acting like a tourist in your own town!
3. I love to sit on the couch with a cup of coffee and watch cooking shows on Sunday. It's become a little ritual of mine. I'm usually folding clothes too since Sunday is laundry day, but that's okay, I'll take it. I've been really into Trisha Yearwood's show and have pinned the heck out of her recipes. Tonight I'll be making her simple baby lima beans recipe. Yum.
4. I'm on the school's Halloween Carnival committee. They asked all of us to dress up when we work our shift. I found this spiderweb poncho and it's so perfect. I love easy and comfortable. Who doesn't?
5. Last week was season premiere week and I'm so excited to be glued to the TV again at night watching my favorite shows! Scandal and Nashville are where it's at and I'm still anxiously awaiting The Walking Dead and American Horror Story premieres!
6. Baby Girl is so excited about her upcoming birthday. Every day she asks if we can go to her birthday party when she wakes up from her nap. We're counting down the number of sleeps until we celebrate.
7. My favorite cousin is coming to visit on Wednesday. She's really more like a sister than a cousin. We've grown really close over the past few years and I love getting to see her as often as possible. She's the one I went to NYFW with last February. She's staying for 10 days this time. I'm probably going to be a little scarce on the blog, but I'll be back, promise.
8. We were invited to go to the Clemson vs USC game on Thanksgiving weekend. Two Clemson games two years in a row? Wow! I'm on a roll! Now all I need are 2 tickets, a fabulous place to stay, and a fabulous outfit to wear. I already ordered this shirt. It was on sale this weekend and I couldn't pass it up.
9. I've lost 2.5 inches around my midsection and an inch on my arms and legs in a month. I'm so thrilled. It's so hard to lose that extra 5-10 pounds that just won't seem to budge. I promise to share my secret in the next few weeks. Cross my heart. I also have a new must-have, can't live without, where have you been all my life (or at least 30's) eye serum to share.
10. I love this Instagram account. It's called Betches (short for Betches Love This) and I was laughing so hard I was crying while scrolling through the thread. This is one of my favorites.
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because we have yet another showing on Wednesday. This is my favorite kind of showing because it's a "realtor preview" which translates into please clean twice because you have nothing else to do with your time. Yay. It's my dream to have my house for sale for an entire year.