I confess these statements to be true on this Friday before Christmas.
1. Christmas just isn't complete without watching every one of my favorite Holiday movies. They include: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Elf, Love Actually, The Family Man, and Bad Santa. We always save Bad Santa for Christmas Day. We had to knock them out early this year due to our trip. We were successful and I'm looking forward to hanging with Mr. BMJ and Billy Bob Thornton on the 25th!
2. I hate wrapping presents with a passion and always wait until the very last minute to get everything wrapped. Looks like that will be the case again this year. I certainly don't want to break tradition.
3. Since I wait to wrap and throw everything into the secret closet until Christmas Eve, I forget what I've bought and never know what I'm going to find. Sometimes I double buy, sometimes it's too much, sometimes it's too little. It's such a risky game. I'm the epitome of organization.
4. I usually end up buying myself more this season than any other. I can't resist while out shopping for everyone else. Bad girl. I scored this awesome sweatshirt while shopping for others a few nights ago. I just couldn't pass it up, especially since it was 50% off!
5. I don't enjoy letting the kids help me decorate the tree. I'm a control freak and OCD. They don't fill in the holes and hang the uglies front and center. I know I need to let it go. Wine is my therapy.
6. My favorite Christmas songs are a strange collection of: Baby It's Cold Outside, Kalikimaka, It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas, and Same Auld Lang Syne.
7. I secretly love tacky Christmas sweaters and long for parties that involve wearing them. My mom has a sweet collection that she's been building for about 30 years. I'm a little jealous.
8. I was a total slacker this year with decorating the exterior of the house and only put up 2 wreaths. I'm still using the house being for sale as my excuse. Milk it baby.
9. I can't stand than dang Elf On The Shelf. I'm not motivated to be creative with it and eat guilt burgers every time I see pictures of my friends going the extra mile. I curse the inventor of that creepy doll.
10. I've never gotten into New Year's Eve and don't really care if we have plans to do anything special. I feel uncomfortable when people go crazy at the stroke of midnight. Not sure what that's all about.
11. Last year was the only year I've ever sent out official Christmas cards. I was so proud of myself. It's not happening again this year. Yes, it's a total mom fail. I'm just not a card person. I don't send cards for any reason. I think it's because I didn't grow up in a "card giving" household. It's just not my family's thing. It's not even my extended family's thing. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holiday season!
We're off to celebrate with Mickey and the princesses! I'll be back to help bring in the New Year!
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because the Griswold's family Christmas trip starts tomorrow morning! I'm not ready!!!!