I'm surprised that I even know it's Tuesday.
We haven't had a normal week around here in about 3 weeks.
Baby Girl was sick and missed a week of school, my only free time last week was on Friday morning having a scare at the mammogram center, no school 2 days this week, and my only free time this Friday back at the doctor's office. Ugh. I need a vacation.
I also need to be back on my normal schedule!!!
These are the top 10 things on my mind on this crazy Tuesday.
1. Our kitchen rug has officially kicked the bucket. We joke that it's the reason the house hasn't sold. It looks awful. Good thing Urban Outfitters is having a 25% off sale with Free Shipping. This little number is in a truck on its way to our kitchen! It's soooooooooo affordable it's hard to believe (under $40). I can't wait to see it in person.
2. We're considering taking everyone (all 5 of us) to NYC for Spring Break. I've spent hours upon hours trying to find a suite that accommodates 5 people, in midtown, that offers continental breakfast, that doesn't break the bank and that isn't gross. That's pretty much impossible to find. Oy. Does anyone have any insight for me?
3. I'm considering trying out essential oils. My questions are Young Living vs doTERRA? Which diffuser is best and safest? Do they even have oils for my crazy ailments? Do they really work or is it voodoo medicine?
4. I'm waiting on these lovelies to be delivered to my door. They're on major sale and I can't resist a $42 shoe. Call me a sucker. My toenail better get its butt in gear and grow back in so I can wear these beauties!
5. Baby Girl has a serious obsession with lipstick. She spends hours sitting in front of the mirror applying coat after coat after coat. She also has a generous hand when it comes to applying her hot pink blush. I let her go in public wearing her make-up and it's a sight to behold. It's just not a battle I want to pick with her. I'm sure that I'm judged for it. Judge away mamas, judge away.
6. We've had a nice few sunny days here and took full advantage of our day off of school yesterday by having a play date at the beach. Complete with mimosas and donut holes. Perfection.
7. Baby Girl is only napping about 2 days a week these days. She still has a "quiet time" in her room but I feel guilty making her lay in there for longer than an hour. I guess I'm going to have to find an alternate time to write on the blog.
8. I currently have 4 loads of clean laundry staring my down. Have I mentioned how much I hate folding laundry? I'm the biggest procrastinator when it comes to that awful chore. Ugh.
9. I parked in front of this amazing beach house yesterday. Holy loveliness. Can I just spend the weekend there pretty please?!
10. Immediately after seeing the movie, "Wild", I started reading the book. I finished it last night. This is one of the very rare times that I actually liked the movie better than the book. I do recommend the book to get the whole story, but the movie was much more touching, emotional, and relatable. I would do both, but if you had to pick, I'd go with the movie.
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because we're trying to have a date night to the College of Charleston basketball game tomorrow night but can't find a babysitter. I've had 4 sitters say no to a Wednesday night. I guess it's just not meant to be!