Hey there! It's been a while. We have a ton of catching up to do!
1. Since we're the sickest people I know we, of course, came down with the stomach bug. We couldn't have the 24 hr bug that most people are getting. No!!! We got the 4 day bug that includes fever, cold chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, exhaustion, and leg cramps. Today is day 4 and come he!! or high water, I'm leaving this house tomorrow! This bug strangely ends with a horrible cough that, of course, Baby Girl got. She hasn't eaten since Saturday. I feel so awful for her. We get this stupid thing every single February (and usually April too). I was really hoping we could break our tradition this year....
2. I'm not ashamed to admit that I went to see "50 Shades Of Gray." I actually enjoyed the movie. I didn't expect to like it since I liked the books and they're always so much better than the movie. The theater made the premiere into a huge party. There was a red carpet with a "Christian Gray" look-alike taking pictures with everyone and handing out plastic handcuffs. There were shots, pole dancing vendors, and much more. We laughed so much. The great part was that I didn't even lose my faith or my husband (said in my most sarcastic voice). I didn't go to support the sex slave trade or the abuse of women. It was a fictional movie and I went as a consenting, Christian, adult woman. I'm reeeeeeeeallllllllllly sick of all of the FaceBook slander. Most of the people casting judgment didn't read the books or see the movie. I'll just leave it at that (though I could go on and on and on).
3. We just finished binge watching Homeland. It was good. Real good. I'm going to miss Carrie and Saul in my life every night kind of good. The only thing that is getting me through this rough withdrawal period is the fact that House of Cards Season 3 will be ready to stream for our viewing pleasure on Friday. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! What a brilliant show!
4. I'm a closet hoarder. I have to force myself to throw things away, especially clothes. I realized that I've had the same oven mitt since 1998. That's 17 years. I'm pretty sure I bought it at Wal-Mart for under $10. If you do the (fuzzy) math, I basically made money on that investment. I put her to rest this weekend. It was hard, but it was time. Good grief. What is my problem?
5. If you're local or visiting Charleston anytime soon, you must eat at 167 Raw. It's across from Harris Teeter on East Bay Street. It's some of the best seafood in town. I had the best lobster roll that's ever crossed my lips and some "smack yo' mama it's so good" guacamole, ceviche, and chips. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
6. Speaking of Harris Teeter, if you live near one make sure to pick up their stainless steel cleaner. It's their own "your home" brand. Nothing shines my fridge like that stuff. It's super greasy so spray it on your paper towel over the sink and prepare to be amazed!
7. I discovered these little eye treatment pads on Instagram. The gorge Molly Sims swears by them and who doesn't want to look like her?! They're perfect for a pre-event pamper and they help tighten those little, fine (or not so fine) lines under your eyes. It's $30 for a pack of 8 which comes out to be $3.75 a treatment. Not too shabby!!!!
8. Now that I've scared you with that picture, let's talk about how unscary Lady GaGa sounded at the Oscars. We can forgive her for her atrocious red carpet dress. Rumor is that she's going to be on "American Horror Story" next season. Guess who will be watching? This girl!
9. It goes without saying that we're all SICK AND TIRED of winter. Good golly. Will it ever end? The only thing worse about a snow day is an un-snow day. Charleston is famous for calling off school, work, and life in general when the temperatures start to drop. It's maddening. Enough already. Between all of the holidays, teacher work days, parent conference days, sick days, and "snow" days, I think Baby Girl has been to school 8 times since the holidays.
10. Thanks to Amanda's advice (from Meet @ the Barre), I am now using the mother of all mascaras. This stuff doesn't budge, lengthens and thickens to the max, and washes off with my normal make-up remover (DHC Oil). It's basically perfection. Get you some.
p.s. Why do I drink Baby Mama Juice? Because we've had 4 house showings in the last 2 weeks. I think we're getting close!!!